- TLC-Expo is a registered and bonded freight broker, we can shop several carriers for the best prices based on their equipment and expertise.
- Based on our experience with various carriers, we know which carriers are best suited for tradeshow shipments.
- Our shipping quotes can be used for accurate budgeting. We are careful to provide shipping quotes that consider all aspects of shipping, providing an assurance of no surprises on the final invoice.
- We carefully manage driver check-in scheduling to minimize detention time at tradeshow venues and negotiate with carriers for allowances on waiting time.
- We are available 24/7. Our customers have our mobile phone numbers to address any concerns.
- We assist our customers in planning shipment schedules to meet deadlines and take advantage of show contractor discounts.
- We provide our customers with bills of lading and shipping labels for both inbound and outbound tradeshow shipments.
- We provide our customers with a sample template of the Exhibitor MHA (Material Handling Agreement) paperwork.
- We are often at the shows to supervise the loading and assist our customers with exhibitor paperwork.
- We will cover the cost of freight recovery if a shipment is forced because a driver failed to check-in on time.
- We assist our customers in filing and managing damage claims with the carriers.
- We strive to add as much value to the tradeshow shipping process as possible.
We understand that our customers and potential customers can acquire a quote from a multitude of common carriers that would likely be less than our prices. Although we strive to be as competitive in the marketplace as possible, we ask that our added value services be considered and compared as well.
It May Be Impossible...
To Create A Form That Fills Itself Out
But We've Tried...
This is certainly a day and age where we encounter computerized forms nearly every day. In an ongoing effort, we've invested hundreds of hours in software development to create a "Request for Quote" form that will learn as it goes and prompts for only absolutely necessary information in order to solicit our carriers and provide as a price quote that would be as accurate as possible. Our customers expect us to provide them price quotes that can be used for budgeting their tradeshow marketing spending.
We have already done much of the information gathering work on the major tradeshows. Our system will pre-populate most of the tradeshow information fields such as venue, show management, marshaling yard, target dates, and deadlines. So, you've just got to try it out! We promise to get back to you with an accurate tradeshow shipping quote that you can take with you into your budgeting meeting. Try the link button (at the top)!
What is an Added Value Service?
TLC-Expo is a freight broker specializing in shipping trade show properties.
TLC-Expo does not own any line-haul tractors or trailers, storage warehouses or forklifts. We only have great relationships with carriers and fellow freight brokers that are savvy in trade show transportation. We have been doing trade show exhibit transportation for over 40 years. The core of our business is to service exhibitors in shipping their exhibit properties in and out of the convention venue. It's often not as simple as just calling a freight company to book a shipment. There is a myriad of critical details to consider and manage. What value do we add?
- A personal contact that you can call day or night, weekends and holidays to answer your questions. Our customers have our mobile phone numbers!
- Attention to details on complex shipments with multiple stops and critical deadlines.
- Use of carriers and drivers that have trade show experience understand the procedures at marshaling yards and advance warehouses.
- Accurate quoting to help you budget and one invoice that summarizes multiple loads and round-trips.
- We provide out customers with color coded shipping labels for their crates and skids as well as bills of lading when necessary.
- On-site freight supervision at the venue to assure that complex shipments are properly loaded or unloaded.
- Assistance on management of damage claims.
- Accurate assessment and management of waiting time incurred by drivers. Often can be minimized by proper scheduling.
We are often at the shows assisting drivers getting checked in at the marshaling yards, making sure paperwork is turned in accurate and timely, manage (and hopefully prevent) damage claims and to just be helpful when we can. Knowing the in's and out's of the freight business is one thing, trade show shipping is a unique specialty that we do exclusively and expertly.
There is one huge looming deadline that comes just before the trade show. It's when the truck arrives to pickup your exhibit properties and show materials. Of course, this shipment is very time sensitive and absolutely must deliver to the show on schedule. Besides all of the things that can go wrong once the shipment has left your own docks, what's worse than incurring additional costs because the shipment wasn't ready when the driver arrived.
At TLC-Expo we offer our experience and expertise and coach our customers as to the best way to prepare there shipment.
We provide the necessary labels, the shipping paperwork and we also make sure that the carrier and driver are on the same team. This initial preparation will save money, time and very costly mishaps.